National clothing Retail chain is looking for an Area Manager to manage the stores in the Western Cape from Vredenburg to Hermanus, Western Cape.
Duties & Responsibilities
Area Management has operational and financial responsibilities for a defined region or territory, their duties include providing training and development for staff, ensuring there is consistency across the region relating to administration, marketing, company standards, and increasing sales and profitability in their region. Area Managers use leadership and critical thinking skills to oversee supervisors in certain geographical locations. Area Managers have the following responsibilities:
- Recruit, hire and train new managers in their direct area.
- Offer consultation and recommendations to store managers on overcoming operations challenges.
- Monitor sales and work toward meeting quarterly objectives.
- Minimize cost and labour by reviewing schedules and inventory use.
- Visit stores to evaluate operations, cleanliness, and efficiency of each area.
- Conduct Opus Area Management Checklists on each store visit and report/ resolve the issues.
- Conduct Supervised Hanger counts and ensure that corrective stock management procedures are being attained consecutively.
- Consistently reinfornrce disciplines, procedures, protocols and communication throughout all stores and staffing within their store profile ensuring the end results amounts to increased sales, profit, and revenue for the business.
Desired Experience & Qualification
- All perspective candidates should have a minimal of 5 – 10 years Senior Area Management experience with viable, positive references and a clean criminal record and MIE report before we consider employment.
- References – viable & traceable
- Clear criminal record
- 5 – 10 years retail experience (preferably in the clothing sector) with a proven/tested track record
Package & Remuneration
- Basic Salary – R18 000
- Store incentives after the 3-month probational period will include any new stores opened as well as existing stores within your specific portfolio, details to which will be disclosed once finalised.
- Review incentives/increases ANNUALLY.
- All petrol for pre-approved work-related travel to stores reimbursed or advanced ( once approved )
- Wear and tear on vehicle covered as a % on contribution.
- Accommodation and food covered for planned destination /overnight trips.
- Own transportation is necessity .
Please send your CV to email@example.com