A well known hotel on Durbans beachfront is looking for an organized and enthusiastic duty manager to join their team. You must enjoy working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. You will be responsible for leading your team to success and ensuring all work processes flow efficiently in order to help bring projects to completion.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Direct, oversee, and manage daily operations for the organization
- Suggest changes to operating standards in order to improve the efficiency of work
- Set departmental goals and create plans of action for achieving them
- Maintain an efficient, organized workspace that encourages productivity at all times
- Complete daily operational tasks in a timely manner
- Perform general office duties as needed (sending/answering emails, phone calls, filing/electronically inputting forms, etc.)
- Build and maintain positive relationships
- Train new hires in company processes and procedures
- Organize and distribute schedules and assignments
- Maintain open lines of communication between all departments
- Scheduling shifts and disseminating this data.
- Directing and assessing workflow periodically.
- Furnishing guests with practical aid, as needed.
- Resolving notable disagreements between staff.
- Addressing rule violations committed by guests.
- Experience as a reliable Duty Manager.
- Proficient in mainstream scheduling solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Brilliant supervision, motivational, and task delegation abilities.
- Refined coordination techniques.
- Willingness to work night and at the weekends.
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Min 5 years’ experience in front office/ Duty Manager and hospitality is a must
- Min 4 years supervisory experience is a must
- Opera experience is a must
- Micros is a advantage
- Must be able to work well in a team.
- Management experience and the ability to prioritize and delegate tasks is an advantage
- Computer literate and proficient using Microsoft Suite
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Outstanding communicator both verbally and written
- Dynamic personality and strong leadership skills
- Excellent customer service skills
Package & Remuneration