We are looking for a self-motivated individuals with proven retail management experience and the ability to work within a fast-paced, ever-changing environment. This focused and experienced retail professional, must share our commitment to fashion, quality and customer service excellence and will assist in maximizing turnover and profits; controlling expenses within budget and improving the visual appeal and customer service of all stores based in his/her area – North West Province, Durban and Gauteng
The Area Manager will be responsible for leading, building and managing the required area by driving a sales culture to deliver on the business objectives.
• Sales Operations through effective leadership
– To ensure that Store Managers and Sales Team Leaders are empowered to ensure relevant sales target at stores are met and exceeded.
– Together with the Regional Manager, develop and implement new sales strategies to ensure stores exceed sales targets.
– Ensuring that Store Managers and Sales Team Leaders conduct administrative duties to drive sales, including; the implementation of markdowns, promotions and effective merchandising.
– To keep Store Managers and Sales Team Leaders motivated to ensure staff morale within every store is at its optimum level.
– Together with the Regional Manager, implement new and innovative strategies to reward performers and motivate non performers.
– Focus on trends, opportunities and patterns relating to sales within the industry.
– Keeping up to date with competitor service offerings and industry developments.
• People Leadership
– To ensure that Store Managers and Sales Team Leaders are equipped to drive sales within the region. – Ensure that Store Managers and Sales Team Leaders are constantly motivated to ensure optimum levels of performance.
– To provide business leadership by upskilling Store Managers and Sales Team Leaders in all aspects ranging from increasing sales to ensuring administrative functions are diligently carried out.
– Ensure that relevant H.R. functions, including Disciplinary Hearings, CCMA, Recruitment (including interviewing potential new staff), Training and Development of new staff (including Operations Tests) is efficiently carried out.
• Administrative Management
– Empower Store Managers and Sales Team Leaders to ensure administrative functions are efficiently carried out.
– Constant monitoring of Store Managers and Sales Team Leaders relating to Key Controls, Rosters, Marketing, Merchandising, Reporting, Stock Counts and Discipline Measures.
– Together with the Regional Manager, creating and implementing new and innovative methods to reduce shrinkage within the region.
– Conducting and submission of Supervised stock counts.
– Constantly monitoring Store Managers and Sales Team Leaders to ensure that submit weekly hanger counts are conducted and submitted
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Sales Driven
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to continuously motivate
- Ability to demonstrate sales coaching and general management of staff
- A track record of sound people management skills within the apparel retail sector
- Attention to detail
- Ability to demonstrate excellent communication skills, which can be adapted to meet industrial requirements
- Good Relationship building skills
- Honesty and Integrity
- 3 years Managerial Experience within the apparel retail sector
- Tertiary Qualification advantageous
- Grade 12 qualification
Package & Remuneration
R15 000 + store incentives