Our client, in the Wholesale and Retail Sector is looking for a Training Officer to be based in Clairwood and Pinetown, Durban, KZN. The main purpose of the position is to ensure that all our staff have been trained in the best manner possible and to ensure that these skills are being utilised by the staff to increase sales and the smooth running of the stores. Create and implement training programs for retail employees to teach them effective selling and customer service techniques, and explain how to follow all company protocols. Travel to various retail store branches to provide training and services throughout the region and conduct audits on training requirements.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Constantly give our customers (all associates) superior service.
- Respond to queries and advise on Company policies, procedures, and benefits.
- Prepare, print and distribute accurate and timeously reports monthly on training achieved.
- Ensure records are accurate and up to date at all times.
- Prepare and submission of the WSP and ATR
- Ensure Training needs identified and action taken.
- Identify potential training courses and training providers and identify preferred training providers.
- Draw up yearly training plans for each staff member.
- Training is provided on Operations, product, systems, sales and soft skills when required
- Conduct skills gap analysis, to identify training needs across the board.
- Assist in the preparation and processing of Employment Equity reports ensuring that training is aligned to both Equity and Skills Development
- Sit in on the EE & SD committee.
- Recommend, control and organise learnerships to ensure maximum return on SETA funding.
- Design and execute orientation programs
- Conduct onboarding training sessions for new hires
- Assign mentors and coaches to new team members
- Conduct Heath & Safety induction Program to new candidates
- Ensure Successors skills gaps are identified and relevant training provided in a structured manor.
- Develop training material that corresponds to the needs and includes the policies and procedures of the company
- using various training methods to engage employees, including hands-on and interactive activities.
- Ensure that the correct procedures are followed according to Company policy, and current labour legislation.
- design relevant, effective training and orientation programs for employees
- evaluate existing training materials, determining what changes need to be made to keep these materials relevant and updated with all company policies.
- Organize role-playing activities to simulate difficult client cases (e.g. how to overcome objections)
- Advise salespeople how to upsell products and services
- Apply various sales training techniques (e.g. gamification, case studies and group activities)
- Ensure effective training programmes and manuals developed for POS and Stock systems.
- Ensure effective sales and customer service training is developed and training provided.
- Strong focus on merchandising methods, incorporating visual and ease of access, including promotions and gondoliers.
- Management training developed and all managers and successors trained effectively.
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Grade 12
- 5 years retail at managerial level experience in similar environment
- Computer literacy
- Excellent record keeping ability
- People person who can coach and mentor and effectively engage staff
- Own vehicle to travel between stores
- Qualified SDF would be advantageous