Our client, a growing brand in the Retail Apparel Sector, provides quality clothing at affordable prices, are looking for a Senior Planner from the Clothing Retail space.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To drive sales and profitability (GP) through the category management of sales, stock, OTB and margin.
- Collate / Manipulate data for manual input into planning tool.
- Forecast sales and stock on the planning templates based on current trend, performance and opportunities.
- Ensure that category stock holding is in line with budget / forecast and manage the OTB accordingly.
- Make commercial recommendations based on current trade and propose actions.
- Assortment planning and assist in product ranging.
- Analyse size curves at store level as well as other key user defined attributes.
- Seasonal analysis and post mortem with corresponding strategy and range planning.
- Responsible for developing and translating departmental pre-season merchandise strategies into executable in-season merchandise plans.
- Establish pre-season sales and margin plans, together with the inventory levels required to support them.
- In season, re-project sales and markdowns in consideration with the impact on margin.
- Manage the allocation teams to balance inventory and assortment across the stores to ensure the right stock is in the right store at the right time.
- Provide financial strategies for sales, markdowns, inventory and gross margin, and also responsible for accurate in-season forecasting, driving course corrections and improvements based on variances between actual results and the plan.
- Working closely in a team with buyers and allocators to make sure the range is executed.
- Liaise with buying departments regarding style performance.
- Controlling the budget and managing the supply chain of the different categories / departments.
- Strategically manage stock and produce accurate figures for analysis.
- Grading stores and calculating units buys for the buying team in order to support the strategy.
- Oversee and work with Allocators to correctly distribute stock to stores through allocations, consolidations and stock movements.
- Maintaining store stock levels for core merchandise.
- Other ad hoc reporting
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Grade 12/ Matric
- Relevant 3-year Degree/ Diploma
- Min 3-5 years relevant Retail Planning experience accountable for own area and managing allocators / order clerks.
- Apparel / Accessories / Footwear experience is essential
- Advanced knowledge of excel, retail systems and general computer skills
- Must be able to run pivot tables and do vlookup functions and create and maintain advanced reports
- Must understand forecasting aspect of planning and interaction of key KPI’s.
- Good articulation with excellent English written & verbal communication skills
- Good numerical, analytical thinking & logical problem-solving skills
- Strong merchant, trader and commercial mentality
- Team Collaborator who is strategic and forward thinking
- Strong planning, organizing, administrating and coordinating skills
- Ability to work independently, self-lead and use initiative
- Methodical, detail-orientated and high level of accuracy
- Punctual, Deadline driven and outcomes focused
- Strong data handling capabilities
- Attention to detail key
Package & Remuneration
Job Category: Clothing Retail Retail
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Durban