Client based in the NASREC area of Johannesburg is seeking to employ a Procurement Officer.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Purchase Engineering Spares for Nasrec plant / stores and for production process, this includes raw materials, bottles, cartons, labels etc
- Follow up on orders and their deliveries daily both with receiving clerk and suppliers
- Liaise closely with Production Planner for order placement of direct goods, as he has the forecast for orders coming in.
- Forge a good working relationship with suppliers.
- Source new suppliers for cost saving initiatives.
- Follow through with Quality Control on new supplier approval for new supply of goods or raw materials.
- Assist marketing with RND, follow through to completion if new artwork or amendments is needed
- Month End reconciliation checking for signoff before payment, liaising with accounts department
- Assist with indirect spend Purchase Orders such as Engineering spares
- Work closely with Procurement Manager
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Grade 12
- Diploma or degree in procurement / Supply Chain/ Business Management or CIPS
- 3-5 years relevant experience
- FMCG, Manufacturing sector and/ or Engineering purchasing experience essential
- Ability to manage large work-loads, maintain and deliver against Customer requirements
- Analytical skills
- Above average written/oral communications skill
- Conflict Management
- Advanced Excel
Apply Now and send your CV to email@example.com
Job Category: FMCG Food Manufacturing
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg South