A well-renowned entity within the food and beverage manufacturing industry is urgently looking for a seasoned Mechanical Engineer to join their team in the Johannesburg region.
Duties & Responsibilities
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to;
- You will be responsible for working on all stages of the production cycles, from research and design to manufacturing, installation, and evaluation.
- Design and develop the mechanical and electromechanical products and by studying customer requirements; researching and testing manufacturing and assembly methods and materials; and soliciting observations from operators
- Training and guiding technicians ensuring projects are complete effectively and efficiently
- Provides engineering information by answering queries
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with government rules and regulations.
- Collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends writing reports based on thes
- Maintaining and keeping up to date within the engineering industry, Attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Desired skills required:
- Creativity and analytical skills
- Ability to communicate technical knowledge in a clear and understandable manner
- Technical writing skills
- Requirements analysis
- Design skills
- Presenting technical information
- Equipment maintenance
- Conceptual skills
- Quality focus
- General consulting skills
- Control engineering
- Production planning
- Technical zeal
- Job knowledge
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Proven working experience in mechanical engineering
- BSc degree in Engineering
- Working experience with product lifecycle management (PLM), finite element analysis (FEA) and computational fluid dynamics (CFD)
- Hands-on experience with computer-aided engineering (CAM) and computer-aided manufacturing (CAE)
- Familiarity with 2D or 3D engineering design and manufacturing tools (e.g., AutoCAD, ProE or other)
- Adequate knowledge of engineering analysis tools (ANSYS, ProMechanica or similar)
- Mathematical computing and analysis tools knowledge (Matlab, Excel, LabView etc)
- Solid understanding of core concepts including mechanics, kinematics, thermodynamics, materials science etc.
Package & Remuneration