A well known private tertiary education provider in Durban is looking for a dynamic HR & Payroll Administrator. With 2 Years ITS experience and 5 Years Finance Experience in payroll office administration – non negotiable.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure the accuracy of the final payroll reports and provide timeously and accurate payroll production. Compile and submit the annual Tax Return.
- Supervise and control the inputting of data to ITS and checking the payment reports for correctness.
- Coordinates the payroll process with the HR Department.
- Monitor all payroll activities and ensure compliance with established financial and administrative requirements.
- Verifies all payroll related information on the AU document for the purpose of accurate distribution in the payroll.
- Communicates with various internal and external parties to ensure accurate processing of payroll deductions and garnishments.
- Link all new employees and modify master file changes for existing employees on the bank system.
- Capture all deductions and earnings such as incentives and other allowances.
- Run payroll, print exception reports, check reports for correctness, create payroll files for review by management and load salaries on the Standard Bank system.
- Reconcile payroll and effect third party payments.
- Verify data captured for annual increments. Compile and submit monthly statutory returns.
- Biannual reconciliation of EMP 501/201, uploading IRP5 certificates on the ITS iEnabler.
The core functions as outlined hereunder must be done in close co-operation with the other associated HR functions as per below:
- Recruitment & Selection
- Benefits Administration (Leave, Provident Fund, Salary Administration via ITS, incentives etc)
- Industrial Relations (Grievance, Disciplinary, Counselling, Mentoring & Coaching)
- Training & Development
- Development of Policies & Procedures
- Health & Safety, Wellness, Equity
- Human Resource Information System (Separations, AWOL, Abscondment, Ill Health, misconduct, death, resignation, retirement).
- Advertising vacancies, interviews and appointments.
- Ensure that employees receive their employment contracts, sign and return to HR.
- Involves all aspects of staff movements (recruitment, appointments, leave, AWOL, resignations, transfers).
- To ensure that all new appointments are captured onto ITS.
- To ensure that the appropriate appointments are made.
Desired Experience & Qualification
- 5 Years Finance Experience in payroll office administration
- Knowledge of legal regulations
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Proficiency in payroll processing software (ITS)
- Strong Maths Skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent multi-tasking skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Highly developed attention to detail
- 2 Years ITS experience
- Ability to work with confidential information
- Customer, Communication and Personal Management Skills
- Strong Time management Skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks (Deadline Driven)
- Ability to work under pressure
- BCom Degree – Accounting preferred