An exciting opportunity for a Retail Buyer – Clothing has arised for a well known retailer within the Durban region of KwaZulu-Natal.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Liaising with existing suppliers and negotiating contracts
- Sourcing and building relations with new suppliers
- Sourcing and selecting new products through catalogues and by attending national and international trade fairs and events
- Monitoring market changes, competitor prices and products
- Analysing past sales patterns to anticipate trends in consumer buying patterns
- Recommending sales and varying delivery schedules to help contract stock levels
- Presenting new ranges to Management
- Assisting in planning store layouts to promote key lines
- Working with the Marketing/ Operations department to present sales promotions
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Relevant Diploma or Degree would be an added advantage.
- Retail management
- 3+ years’ experience in a similar role in a Retail / FMCG environment.
- Valid driver’s licence and own reliable vehicle.
- Experience with managing Assistant Buyers
- Proficiency in using Excel / PowerPoint / Outlook
- Self-starter and able to work with minimum supervision;
- Hands-on, team player, passionate, confident, and disciplined.
- Creative mind set and product flair.
- Good understanding of the target market.
- Commercial awareness.
- Math skills.
- Interpersonal skills, particularly in negotiating.
- Ability to multi-task and to work well in a team.
Package & Remuneration
R50 0000 Negotiable and depending on experience.
Job Category: Clothing and Textiles Retail
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Durban