Allocator (Salary up to R15k depending on Experience)
• Responsible for optimising sales by ensuring stores are stocked with the right amount of product at the right time.
• Identifying opportunities and proposing these to the Planner.
• Prepare store covers by subcategory weekly and report to planner with action plan.
• Prepare consolidations / direct transfers as necessary and report to all key stakeholders.
• Prepare post allocation report and present to planner weekly.
• Action post allocations weekly.
• Prepare templates and action new initiative allocations according to performance and presentation stock by store grade.
• Prepare store grading every 3 months and present to planner.
• Action new item allocations according to grading templates and historical performance.
• Action core item allocations according to store needs from inventory listing.
• Report and manage stock levels in new stores.
• Report the stock levels of new stores in weekly Store Ops meeting.
• Take initiative and drive the business forward.Knowledge, Skills and abilities required
• Above average knowledge of excel, retail system and general computer skills
• Must be able to run pivot tables and do vlookup function on excel.
• Good communication skills in order to follow up with stores on queries.
• Good people skills in order to deal with other departments.
• High attention to detail.• Ability to process accurately and work diligently.
• Good time management skills and ability to multitask.
• Above average analytical, communication and presentation skills.
• Highly numerate and able to identify trends.
• Min 3-5 yrs allocating in the retail sector as an allocator (apparel/ access / footwear is preferable)
• Matric required – some tertiary qualification would be advantageous
• Must be able to handle a pressurised environment
• Good organisational skills
• Need to be accountable, reliable and show leadership ability.